- Like many other websites, this Website makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks. This information may be used to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information.
- Like many other websites, this Website uses Google Analytics to help understand how visitors engage with it. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and identifies trends without identifying individual visitors. More information about the Google Analytics approach to privacy can be found here.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Like many other websites, this Website may run third party advertisements to help support it. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example), for showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites) and for tracking the effectiveness of the advertisements.
- This Website has no access to or control over the cookies that are used by third-party advertisers, and no control over their activities.
Google’s DoubleClick DART Cookie
- We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (“interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting London, you may see London hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about football).
- DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this Google advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
Blocking, Deleting and Opting Out of Cookies
- You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
- Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
- You can also choose to opt out of the cookies for a number of different advertising networks at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Doing so does not stop advertising from displaying but means that the network(s) you have opted out of will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns.
Other Personal Information
- This Website may collect your name and email address if you leave a comment in our Guest Book, or subscribe to our mailing list. In providing this information you consent for it to be used for these purposes including sending you general emailing in the future. We will not provide this information to any other party. See our Terms and Conditions for details of our Data Protection registration. You can unsubscribe from general emailings by sending a message with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line on the ‘Ask Me’ or ‘Contact’ page.
© TSP-UK 2016