There is a huge amount of experience and knowledge written on this web site. This article is about what I wish for you as a leader.
There is a lot of sharing and also learnings not only for those who read but for those who write these articles.
Rather than sharing my knowledge and experience once more, I’ve decided that today on my birthday (50 years old!), a day where before we blow out the candles on the cake we close our eyes and make a wish, I want my first article of the year to be about what I wish for you as a leader.
I wish that…
- you never have so many peaceful working days that will not allow you to create, incentive ;
- you never feel comfortable to the point that you stop moving;
- you never forget that you are walking where others will follow, so continue to coach, teach, guide and inspire;
- your challenges be there for you to grow and also allow others to grow;
- you be troubled by the question, should I do, or should I delegate others to do?;
- you be criticized for your beliefs and what moves you, so you can always respond with positives results rather than just words;
- you always feel uncomfortable when things are wrong, so you can generate changes and lead by example;
- your acts speak louder and clearer than what you could ever say;
- your humanness keep you close to your team, colleagues and yes, why not? your boss.
I also wish that…
- your troubles at work keep you on your feet and not in your chair;
- you wake up every working day with a reason to lead and guide;
- you live to coach others and coach others to live;
- you embrace your mistakes, because they are not only for you to learn but for others to see and learn from you;
- you be respected and remembered at a higher level for what you do than for what you say.
You are a leader and if you stop others might stop, so I wish that when you finish reading this article something in you be moved and you never stay still again.